Nov 17, 2007

How, Where, When?

(long over due draft form august)
You know when you go to a new restaurant and you think you've found what option/combo/ or whatever's best for you? You order and hope to goodness that it will rock your socks... or flops? The meal comes and your's isn't what you had hoped? Everyone else's seems sooo appetizing? Then you think"..daaaang. how did they know that would work out? Theirs' looks sooo good! Maybe I'll try that next time... or not. Oh well i guess this will due...."

This is what came to mind when thinking of how to explain what I've been feeling... for most of my life, especially in the past two weeks. I've prayed over and given a lot of thought to what I should and want to do with my life. How I could use my talents and how God might want me to use them for him... and i have only been able to view it through one application, art. I'm not sure how it will come about. my life starting... a career starting including art.

I've grown comfortable with the idea of teaching art. Yay! I think ??? Then come the runners up now that the "what" may have finally been answered.... how, when, and where. While randomly talking to some folks about their six month to 5-yr plans I always think, "man, that's cool, but is it for me?" How do we distinguish between a good path and our proper paths?

I know that I've been blessed in many ways but now I want to harness those gifts and find tune them with some skill or.... I Don't even know if that makes sense or if that's how it works. Garrrr!

I have a funny feeling that I won't find out for a while. This waiting business is rrrough! Grrrrr! Another uneasy feeling I get is that I will be over influenced by my mother, missing the opportunity of a lifetime only because I didn't want to disappoint her. How can I live my own life for God and not some idea of how others think I should.

How, Where, When?

2 comments:

erica said...

now. here. by living each day to the fullest.

Anonymous said...

ditto what eri said!!! You will find exactly what you are looking for!
deidre